disclosure: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product.
Why own a regular watch when you can now own a smartwatch at the same price or lower? You may say, well, I already have a phone, do I still need a watch? Well, you can’t hold your phone all day, especially for women who leave their phone in their bag for the most part when they are out. As a mom, sometimes I can’t even get a hold of my phone coz’ my child has it (watching Youtube or playing games) or I don’t remember where I left it. But more importantly, if you’re trying to get healthy, a smartwatch like my OS by Google: Fossil – Gen 4 Venture HR Smartwatch 40mm Stainless Steel in Rose Gold can benefit you in a lot of ways. Check my 10 Reasons for Owning a Fossil Gen 4 Venture HR Smartwatch. It’s not only smart but it’s also really beautiful.
10 Reasons to own a Fossil Gen 4 Venture HR Smartwatch:
- See phone notifications on your wrist – If you don’t have your phone coz’ your kid has it or it’s in your purse and you get a lot of notifications in a day, worry not about not getting that important message as you now carry the info on your wrist. Smartwatches use Bluetooth® technology to connect to your phone. When a notification or alert arrives, a gentle buzz on your smartwatch lets you know right away. And the fact that it’s waterproof means you can jump into the shower or hit the pool without fear while still getting all the notifications you needed.
- Heart Rate Tracking and Steps Tracking – The Fossil Smartwatch can track your steps and heart rate helping you reach your 10,000 steps a day goal. Plus, you get Smarter Health Coaching from Google Fit app’s two new activity trackers – Heart Point and Move Minutes – that will motivate you towards a healthier life with coaching and activity tracking based on guidelines from the American Heart Association & World Health Organization.
- Proactive Help From the Google Assistant: Keeps you ahead of your day with proactive, personalized help from Google Assistant, even before you ask.
- Play stored music on your runs – you don’t need to bring your heavy phone to listen to music while running, just bring your smartwatch and wireless earphone or headset.
- You can make payments using your watch – Use your watch to make payments at almost any place you can use a credit card with the help of Google Pay.
- Change the look, keep the data – you’ll never get tired of how your watch looks as you can customize the watch face as well as the straps.
- Automatic Time Zone Change or Double Timezone View – When we travel to another time zone, my Fossil Smartwatch will automatically update to the correct local date and time. And when I’m home, I can also just check the timezone in Asia where my parents are at so I know when to Facetime with them (if they’re awake or not).
- Check the weather – get quick weather update with just a tap.
- Alarm, Stopwatch, and Timer – Use your smartwatch to set alarm, stopwatch, and timer.
- Find your Phone using your Watch – a Find Your Phone tool is available so your watch can ring your Phone so you can easily locate it – whether it was just in the couch or you left it in another room.
Learn more about the OS by Google: Fossil – Gen 4 Venture HR Smartwatch 40mm Stainless Steel in Rose Gold. It is compatible with iPhone/iOS and Android.