You have to try our Arroz Caldo Instant Pot Recipe. Prepare the ingredients for 5 minutes, set to 25 minutes on the Instant Pot and leave. Dinner will be ready when you get back.
I had no idea how famous Instant Pot was until I got to own one thanks to our brother and sis in law who got us one for Christmas. I didn’t even have the urge to open it but I’m now officially hooked.
|arroz caldo topped with garlic chips|
ARROZ CALDO INSTANT POT RECIPE – INGREDIENTS:
- 1tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, julliened
- 3 pcs. chicken thigh, cut into half to make 6pcs.
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 lemon
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- chopped green onion or roasted garlic chips as topping optional
|Arroz Caldo Ingredients. Fish Sauce missing from the picture.|
|1. On saute mode 2. Place your ingredients 3. Chicken skin down 4. Stir before closing.|
ARROZ CALDO INSTANT POT RECIPE
- Place onion and ginger in oil or butter on your Instant Pot. Press “Saute” button and let it saute for about 2 minutes on the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken (skin down) and saute for a minute.
- Add water, rice, squeeze in the lemon, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Stir a little to properly distribute the ingredients.
- Cover your instant pot. Make sure vent is on sealed position.
- Press SOUP. It has to be on “normal setting” (options are low, normal and more) and 25 minutes, adjust accordingly using “adjust” button and “+” button if the settings is on low or time is less than 25 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, let it steam. Then try to skim about 1/2 cup of oil/liquid from the top of the arroz caldo.
- Arroz Caldo is ready.
HOW TO MAKE ARROZ CALDO IN AN INSTANT POT
Cooking Arroz Caldo in an Instant Pot is so easy that I’ve already cooked it 4 times since I got the Instant pot for Christmas. Prep time is 5 minutes. Then just leave it in the instant pot to do its magic. I timed everything and it appeared that the instant pot warms up for 15 minutes after I closed the lid and pressed “Soup” before actually running the 25 minutes countdown. And maybe another 5 minutes or less to finish steaming in the end.This recipe fills the Instant Pot halfway. It can feed four but since it’s yummy, it can be finished by 2 people easily. I’m grinning over here coz’ I really loved it and may have finish other people’s share. LOL!
|1. Arroz Caldo is ready to cook. 2. That’s the fish sauce I used. 3. Don’t forget to put the vent in the right position. 4. Skim the extra oil from the chicken.|
HOW TO USE INSTANT POT
If you’re new to Instant Pot. It’s like cooking in a slow cooker but really fast. It’s a slow cooker/pressure cooker in one, you can even use it as a steamer, we did steam siomai in it. You can saute (if needed) your ingredients first then close and pick a setting you want. From poultry, soup, rice, meat/stew, porridge, steam and more. I’ve seen people cooked hard boil eggs and make yogurt in it.
INSTANT POT VENT
You’d have to release steam once you’re done cooking on an Instant Pot before you can open it. My brother in law who got us this Instant pot suggested I use a thong or wooden spoon and just hit the vent so it would turn and steam would come out.
For my latest Arroz Caldo, I used the silicon mitts that came with the Instant Pot to slightly steam the Instant Pot instead of going full blast (turning all the way) since it’s not just steam that comes out. It’s more of my foamy arrozcaldo spewing all over the place. When I did the French Dip, only steam came out so I guess it depends on the dish.
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Being an affiliate may earn us some commission that helps run this blog. Thank you.
ALSO TRY THIS: CHICKEN ADOBO INSTANT POT RECIPE