I’ve always wanted to attend a Bacon Festival. I happen to love Bacon, I actually just had some for dinner.. Yes for dinner.. And now they’re having the 2nd annual Big Bite Bacon Fest at The San Diego County Fair on July 5 and The Queen Mary in Long Beach on August 2. I have to go. I know you wanna go too, check out the details below:
The Big Bite Bacon Fest will make its second annual debut at The San Diego County Fair, presented by Albertsons/Sav-on, on July 5 and then head down to Long Beach for the first ever Bacon Fest at The Queen Mary on August 2. No matter where you are in Southern California, the Big Bite Bacon Festival has your bacon cravings covered with bacon inspired cuisine, cook-offs, beer tastings, entertainment, pageants, games and more.
- Big Bite Bacon Fests welcome bacon lovers of all ages and feature an unprecedented variety of delectable bites showcasing the diversity of bacon. Innovative food options range from sweet desserts, accented with savory cracklins to addictively salty culinary creations.
- Bacon-tasting sessions are offered for guests to sample bacon inspired culinary dishes from local restaurants and vendors from the Southern California region.
- Craft beer tastings from local breweries will be available to quench your thirst from all the bacon goodness.
- Bacon themed entertainment will also be on hand at both festivals, starting with the opening ceremonies that include the “Bacon Anthem” and “Pardoning of The Pig.” Additional attractions keep the theme alive through games like Pig Pong, Pork Ladder Toss, Bacon Hole, a Big Daddy Bacon Pageant, and a dunk tank.
- The events celebrate home cooks and professional chefs alike through a fully sanctioned cooking competition in honor of the star ingredient. Professional and amateur levels call on the best chefs and home cooks in Southern California to compete for their stake in a $3,000 prize fund and the title of “Best Big Bite Bacon Dish.” Entry is $39 and first place winners will be sent on to the World Food Championships in Las Vegas, NV in November. 1st place winner takes home $1,700 in prize money with paid entry and travel stipend to compete in Las Vegas; 2nd place takes home $800; 3rd place rounds out the victors with a $500 cash prize. Last year’s BBBF contest winners went on to the World Championships and finished 4th place for the amateurs, and 1st place for the pros winning the grand prize of $10,000 and the title of Bacon World Champion.
- Have you “porked” the question yet? At the San Diego Big Bite Bacon Fest you could win the wedding of your wildest bacon dreams! Submissions are now open online at http://bigbitebaconfest.com to enter to win the 2nd annual Big Bite Bacon Fest wedding. This bacon-fun-filled-affair will be loaded with surprises of romantic porkportions. Walk down your dream aisle of bacon ends with your bacon bouquet in hand to your waiting love adorned with a bacon boutonniere. Soon after your big-bacon-bash, you will take wing as pigs fly, to your very own Hog-Heaven-Honeymoon Adventure!
Tickets for the July 5 Big Bite Bacon Fest are available online now and include entry to the San Diego County Fair, the 7th largest fair in North America. Now through April 6 take advantage of the San Diego “Early Pig” special and save up to 57% off with a variety of VIP and General Admission pricing options that range from $22-$65.
Tickets for the Big Bite Bacon Fest at the Queen Mary in Long Beach will be on-sale starting April 11th.
About Big Bite Events
Big Bite Events (BBE) brings a new style of culinary events to “Foodie” communities nationally. BBE is a division of Absolute Event Solutions Inc. (AES) and together have more than 20 years of experience in the event planning industry, developing and managing some of the largest festivals and events in North America. http://bigbiteevents.com
About the Del Mar Fairgrounds
Here comes the FUN! “The Fab Fair” is the theme for the 2014 San Diego County Fair, presented by Albertsons/Sav-on, paying tribute to the British Invasion that revolutionized the music industry 50 years ago in the United States and around the world. The 2014 Fair will feature British Pop Culture, music and exhibitions NEVER BEFORE seen in California. The Summer starts with Food, Fun and Frolic at the 2014 San Diego County Fair!
The Fair will open on Saturday June 7 and run through Sunday, July 6; closed on Mondays and the first two Tuesdays. The San Diego County Fair is the largest annual event in San Diego County and one of the top 10 Fairs in the United States and Canada, drawing more than 1.4 million visitors annually. Admission is $14 for adults; $8 for ages 6-12 and 62 and older; free for ages 5 and younger. For more information visit, www.sdfair.com
About the Queen Mary
Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. The Queen Mary’s signature restaurants include the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar as well as a weekly Champagne Sunday Brunch served in the ship’s Grand Salon. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Glory Days tour, guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends show, and the ship is currently featuring the renowned Diana: Legacy of a Princess exhibit and Tea Room. The Queen Mary features 80,000 square feet of event space in 14 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms including nine full suites. For more information or for reservations, see www.queenmary.com or call (800) 437-2934. The Queen Mary is located at 1126 Queens Highway in Long Beach.