Disclosure: #SuperAbsorbent #CollectiveBias This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
The saying that “every kid is different” couldn’t be more true when my 2 kids are involved. One is mellow, one is overly active. One loves to stay home, and one just lights up when I say – let’s go out! In a way it works out as I needed to do errands. So while big sis’ is in school, I bring the toddler to buy groceries, diapers, and everything else she gets to sneak into the supermarket cart.
Some days I feel like I don’t know how to deal with the toddler, but some days I feel like I’m in charge coz’ I’ve been there and done that. We’re on the final stretch as my husband calls it. While we’re already preparing the toddler for preschool, most cousins are just about to have babies. And speaking of babies, this year has been all about baby showers which inspired me to make a diaper cake and I’m sharing with you guys a quick tutorial of it. You can use this diaper cake as a baby shower centerpiece or as a gift.
DIAPER CAKE TUTORIAL
Materials to Make a Diaper Cake:
- Rubber Bands
- Cake Board
- Small Balloons(2 colors)
- Free Printable “Ready to Pop” Cake Topper
- BBQ Stick
How to Make a Diaper Cake:
- Roll the diapers and tie them with a rubber band.
- Group a number of diapers together and tie with a bigger rubber band. 14 on the bottom layer, 7 on the middle layer, 4 on the top layer.
- Stack them on a cake board then tie them with a ribbon of your choice, then tape it.
- Tie 2 balloons together (blow one bigger than the other) then put a rubber band to sneak it under the layer of diapers.
- Print our Free Printable Cake Topper and tape in unto a BBQ stick that you can squeeze into the middle of the diaper cake.
Is that super easy or what? I used our toddler’s Huggies Little Movers Plus for our diaper cake tutorial, they are only available at Costco. They are Huggies most absorbent* diapers – that’s what the “Plus” means and are really good in terms of value.
Check out these deals yourself to save even more this month:
- Little Snugglers Plus (Sizes 1 & 2) – $37.49, $31.49 after $6 discount and Free shipping (this offer valid 9/1 to 9/25).
- Little Snugglers Plus will also be available in size Newborn – $29.99 available in select warehouses and online at Costco.com.
- Little Movers Plus (Size 3, 4, 5, & 6) – $42.99, $36.99 after $6 discount and Free shipping (this offer valid 9/1 –to 9/25).
2 kids and thousands of diapers later, I can really say that I’ve been there done that. I can now change a diaper with my eyes closed or with my daughter standing up. LOL.
I feel though that our kids just grew before our eyes. Everything went by so fast. I really wish I can turn back time and cuddle them more. That’s why I’d advise every new parent to enjoy every moment of their kid’s life no matter how hard being a parent can be at times because before you know it, they’re no longer babies. Their baby fats will be all gone, they will start talking straight and you’ll miss them doing baby talk, you’ll also miss how clingy and dependent they are to you.
Let them play, explore, figure things while sometimes you play with them, sometimes you just observe. Check my toddler hanging with the giant bears at Costco above. LOL! She really loves being out and exploring every aisle so we take our precious time. She’s supposed to start pre-school tomorrow, but I’m thinking – what’s the rush. I might just let her stay home for another 6 months since I’m home anyway even if that means I won’t get much stuff done and there will be a toy in every room and I’m guaranteed to step on one. Haha.
How about you guys? What stage of parenthood are you in right now? Leave your comments below. We would love to know. And don’t forget to make our diaper cake for future expecting moms you know.