When we first bought a dishwasher, I really didn’t know the specifications I needed except that the exterior has to be stainless steel. We wanted to eventually sell the house and since a nice kitchen with stainless steel appliance sells better, that’s all that was on my mind. It wasn’t after using it for some time that I really got an idea of what my needs were. We are now on our second home which came with an old white dishwasher and I’m ready to purchase the dishwasher that would fit my needs. Check out my dishwasher buying guide and the specs of the new Bosch 800 Series dishwasher that I’m looking into buying from Best Buy.
disclosure: this is a sponsored post.
Dishwasher Buying Guide:
1. Look for a Stainless Steel Tub – Interior tubs come in either stainless steel or plastic. Dishwashers with stainless-steel tubs usually cost more than a plastic tub model but they can help reduce energy costs because they retain heat longer making dishes dry faster. They are also more durable, more stain-resistant and more odor-resistant than plastic.
Our current dishwasher that came in with the house we bought has a white tub interior and I can really see the staining. I’m going for a dishwasher with a stainless steel tub next as it resists staining better.
2. Consider Adjustable Racks and Tines – With adjustable racks, you can load more dishes especially if you typically load tiny dishes. Our current dishwasher doesn’t fit a lot since both the racks and tines are not adjustable. I wish I can load more versus leaving some dishes for another load just coz’ there is not enough rack to put it into even though I can see that our dishwasher really have space for it – just not the racks.
3. Consider Hidden Control Panels if you have Young Kids – The control panel will either be located on the front of the dishwasher or hidden on the top edge of the door so you can’t see it when the door is closed.
Hidden control panels provide a clean look and keep buttons out of reach from young kids.
With hidden control panels though, you might not know what stage your dishwasher is in during the cleaning cycle, so look for dishwashers that have a time remaining display if this feature is important to you. Some dishwashers shine a light beam on the floor to let you know your dishwasher is still running or when it’s done.
4. Take Advantage of Multiple Wash Cycles – The new dishwashers do come with multiple settings. Initially, you may find this confusing especially if you’re using an old dishwasher with simpler settings but with new dishwashers, you can take advantage of settings like half load, delicate wash, normal, Rinse & Hold, and more.
5. Noise Level – When you’re at the store, you will forget to look into this detail but some dishwashers look good on the outside only to be loud and obnoxious once it starts running.
6. Will it Fit your Kitchen – Before heading out to buy your dishwasher, make sure to measure the space in your kitchen. You’re lucky if it can fit a 24″ width dishwasher as this means you can load more.
The new Bosch 800 series answers a lot of what I needed especially the stainless steel tub and adjustable racks. Here are some specifications you will enjoy with this dishwasher:
- Large interior provides the loading flexibility to easily accommodate 16 place settings, and Bosch’s largest 3rd rack- the MyWay rack provides additional loading space for cereal bowls and large utensils.
- Rackmatic® adjustable upper rack easily adjusts to 9 different positions, to allow taller items like stemware to fit in the middle rack while leaving room for bulky items below. The flip tines make loading wide bowls easy and ball bearing wheels provide a smooth glide.
- Every Bosch dishwasher is ENERGY STAR qualified and meets or exceeds federal guidelines, for year-round energy savings.
- Extremely quiet operation (42 dBA)- incorporates 18 unique sound-reducing technologies such as multiple insulation layers, grindless food filtration, and a sound absorbing base.
- The new Bosch 800 Series dishwasher delivers a sparkling clean and dry with advanced PrecisionWash technology and patented CrystalDry technology. With PrecisionWash, intelligent sensors continually scan and check the progress of dishes throughout the cycle, and powerful spray arms target every item of every load, for the ultimate clean. Patented CrystalDry technology transforms moisture into heat up to 176F for the ultimate dry, even for plastics.
- Sanitize Option reduces 99.9% of bacteria with Patented CrystalDry™ technology delivers 60% better drying results.*
*Based on aggregate average drying performance of Bosch Dishwashers with CrystalDry on combined household load including plastics, glass, steel, and porcelain as compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry. Drying performance may vary by dish type.
Learn more about Bosch 800 Series Crystal Dry Dishwashers!
Pin for later: