Where: Polliwog Park, Manhattan Beach, CA
When: April 27, 2013
Join the City of Manhattan Beach for the 21st Annual Earth Day Celebration and Concert.
The City of Manhattan Beach Parks and Recreation Department, in conjunction with V.O.I.C.E (Volunteers and Organizations Improving the Community’s Environment), will host the day’s events featuring a large assortment of fresh food and family fun; including music, games, eco-friendly products and information on the City of Manhattan Beach’s efforts toward making our city a greater and greener place to live, play and work.
- Activities in the Manhattan Beach Botanical Garden
- 11AM – 4PM Tours of the MBBG
- Entertainment – Ampitheater Main Stage
- 11:00 – LMB Project Announcement
- 11:15 – BlueZones Project Walk Week Winners
- 11:30 – Yoga in the Park by YogaWorks bring a blanket or mat
- Noon – Kid’s Music – Stephen Michael Schwartz
- 1pm – Environmental Hero Awards and MB Green Business Awards
- 1:30 – 4PM live Music – Pretzel Logic Steely Dan Tribute Band
- 2:30PM – Dolphin Call Calling Contest finalist
- Eco_Education (located near Red Historical Building)
- 11:30 Vertical Gardens – Enviroscape
- 12:30 Sharing the road bikes and cars – SBBC
- 1:30 Water conservation phone app
- 2:30 trash free living presentation – Grades of Green
- 3:30 Non-GMO foods – labelgmos.org
- Food: A taste of the Green Life. Gourmet food trucks serving delicious and nutritious vegetarian food that’s earth friendly 11-4pm
- Food Vendors to be announced
- Kid’s Activity Walk: free art and games
- Eco-friendly shopping: Everything from gifts to solar panels are good for you and our environment.
- Eco Quiz: win prizes and have fun learning
- free bike corral provided by SBBC
The first “official” Earth Day was held on April 22, 1970. People from around the nation got involved in efforts to help protect the environment. Since then, Earth Day has been celebrated in countries all over the world.
The first Earth Day celebration in the City on Manhattan Beach was held in 1992 at Polliwog Park and has grown to include more than 7,000 participants annually.
1601 Manhattan Beach Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, California 90266