I served my 3 cheese lasagna when my in-laws came over for the New Year. They said they loved it so I’m finally putting this easy lasagna recipe together to share with the fam bam and you guys.
My secret to making good lasagna is making sure the meat sauce is not runny at all. You’d have to simmer it well until the sauce has reduced to make sure that after you bake and slice the lasagna, it’s all still intact. And if you can stick to using the Ragu sauce and the Galbani brand for your Ricotta, it would be preferred.
- Saute the chopped onion until it becomes translucent then add the ground beef and cook until brown. Then drain.
- Put the beef and onion back in the pan then add the spaghetti sauce, brown sugar, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper and bring to a boil in medium heat.
- Once boiled, simmer in low heat for about 30 mins.
- While the meat sauce is simmering, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and egg. Then set aside.
- Once the meat sauce is ready, time to put the lasagna together in layers. My baking dish measures 13-1/4″Lx9-1/4″Wx2-1/2″H.
- Place 1/3 of the meat sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Cover with lasagna noodle, then place 1 whole bag of mozzarella cheese followed by another layer of lasagna noodle. Put another 1/3 of the meat sauce then top it with the ricotta cheese mixture. Layer another lasagna noodle, top with the remaining meat sauce.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes then place the remaining 1 bag of mozzarella then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Chopped parsley on top is optional. Dig in!
- Panna Cotta Recipe: One of the best things you’ll ever get to taste!
- Chimichurri Recipe: perfect for dipping
- Milo Dinosaur Recipe: when you’re craving for chocolate malt.
- Taro Milkshake Recipe: perfect warm weather drink.
- Marble Cheesecake Bars Recipe: yummy and creamy.