ENJOY COSTUMES, CANDY AND THE CREATIVITY OF HALLOWEEN
AT SIMON MALLS
Families can join Simon Kidgits Club for a special Halloween event, presented by Twentieth Century Fox, that focuses on fun fall festivities for kids
Del Amo Fashion Center, JoAnn’s Court
Saturday, October 26
10 a.m. to noon
The Shops at Montebello, Center Court
Saturday, October 26
noon to 1:30 p.m
In celebration of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s Blu-ray/DVD releases of children’s movies The Croods(Oct. 1), Monsters vs. Aliens: Cloning Around (Oct. 15), Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness: The Scorpion Sting (Oct. 15) and Dragons Riders of Berk Part 1 and Part 2 (July 23), kids can partake in even more activities inspired by the films:
- Creepy, cool crafts: Make a mask from The Croods, try out Monsters vs. Aliens: Cloning Aroundtemporary tattoos or design a flying dragon to mirror the character Hiccup from Dragons Riders of Berk, all in the spirit getting creative for Halloween.
- Engaging games & photo opportunities: Get in on theKung Fu Panda chopstick game and snap a photo with a life-sized TheCroods standee to capture the terrific, terrifying experience.
- Trick-or-treat take-homes: Walk away withThe Croods treat bag, Kidgits member-exclusive Halloween goodie, chance to win one of these popular DVD titles, coupons for parents and other surprises for families.
In addition, parents and costumed kids can enjoy traditional seasonal offerings during the family-friendly special celebration, including:
- face painting by Magic Brush and Halloween-inspired crafts.
- Children will have the chance to make pumpkin face crafts, photo frame magnets, masks, ghost door hangers and can also participate in Halloween coloring.
- Simon Kidgits Club members will receive The Croods Halloween Trick-or-Treat Goody Bags filled with giveaways and a mini pumpkin, while supplies last.
While you’re celebrating, pick out a special gourd at the Bob and Joanne Cottone and Sons Pumpkin Patch, open now through October 30 at 21573 Madrona Avenue, located at Del Amo Fashion Center next to Black Angus Restaurant. The pumpkin patch also features bounce houses, a petting zoo, pony rides and, of course, pumpkins of all shapes and sizes. They also carry straw bales, corn stalks, Indian corn, gourds, handmade crafts and all your different colored squash for harvest decorating. It is open daily from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Visit http://www.cottoneandsonspch.com/pumpkins.html for more information.
Families are also encouraged to return to The Shops at Montebello on Halloween night, Thursday, October 31, for mall-wide trick-or-treating from participating retailers, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Simon Kidgits Club is a fun and informative program that focuses on health, wellness, education, safety and entertainment for children ages 3-8. Since 2003, the Simon Kidgits Club has kept children and parents alike amused with various events and activities while providing incentives for club members, such as special offers, rewards and games.
Kidgits Club members receive a variety of perks and goodies, including a Kidgits Club T-shirt, membership card, birthday gift, chance to spin the prize wheel each visit to the mall, discounts and scheduled activities. For more information about the Simon Kidgits Club, visit http://www.simon.com/kidgits/ or Del Amo Fashion Center on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DelAmoFashionCenter, or Instagram athttp://instagram.com/delamofashion.