Disclosure: #MakeItAMovieNight This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
We got to enjoy another family movie night over the long weekend with Hotel Transylvania 2 and some yummy movie night snacks. I made a yummy M&M’S® marble cheesecake bars and the hubby said it was really good and asked if it was easy to make. It was, so I’m sharing the easy recipe below.
I honestly haven’t baked in a mighty long time. If you’ve read my blog story, you’d know I got a burn out from my previous online baking business. But doing it this time as a hobby instead of a business made it so much fun. It really put me in a good mood and our movie night made the weekend even more memorable. Plus I was really craving for a cheesecake so I thought I’d put my 2 favorites together, cheesecake and M&M’S® chocolate candies!Check out my easy to make marble cheesecake bars recipe made with M&M’S® Chocolate Candies and learn about the $10 VUDU offer below.
MARBLE CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE WITH M&M’S® CHOCOLATE CANDIES:
cheesecake crust: 325°F for 10 minutes
8 pieces of graham crackers (24 squares), crushed
4 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. sugar
marble cheesecake: 350°F for 25 minutes
2 packages of cream cheese, 8oz. each. Room temperature.
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup M&M’S® Milk Chocolate, for the marble effect, I used green
a handful of M&M’S® Milk Chocolate, green and brown
a handful of M&M’S® Peanuts, green
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line your 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, no grease needed.
2. Crush your graham crackers in a food processor then pour in a bowl. Melt the butter in a microwave, 15-20 seconds will do then mix it to the graham cracker and sugar. Once mixed, press it down in a baking dish with a cup. Bake for 10 minutes in a 325°F oven.
3. While the crust is in the oven, start with the cheesecake mixture. Mix the 2 cream cheese and sugar in a mixer. Once mixed. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and salt.
4. Set aside 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture and set another 1 cup for the chocolate mixture. The rest you can pour over the crust.
5. Melt the M&M’S® Milk Chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds. Crush it up then mix it with the 1 cup of cream cheese mixture you’ve set aside.
6. Put dollops of the 1 cup chocolate cream cheese mixture in a checkered pattern with the 1 cup plain cream cheese mixture (pictured left). Then with a toothpick or a skewer, make a marble effect by running your skewer in a number 8 pattern.
7. Increase the oven to 350°F then bake the cheesecake for 25 minutes. Bring it out from the oven, put some M&M’S® Chocolate Candies then place back in the oven for 3 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Once cooled, place in the fridge for an hour or more. Then it’s ready to eat. Cut them to squares and it’s movie time!!!!
These marble cheesecake bars made with M&M’S® Chocolate Candies are seriously good and easy to make. They also look spooky with the marble effect and green M&M’S® Chocolate Candies to go with our movie Hotel Transylvania 2.
They are also not too sweet yet they fit prefectly with our other movie night snacks so we have something sweet. The Orville Redenbacher popcorn were our something salty and Coca-Cola for something refreshing.
I was able to grab all our family movie night essentials at Walmart. I’m glad I end up picking the Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Popcorn because you don’t need to transfer it to a bowl since it can stand by itself. It’s a bowl in itself.
It’s also my first time seeing M&M’S® Chocolate Candies in a canister. You can find them near the cash register. It’s nice coz’ I can reuse them to put the kids little toys after we finished them.
And what’s a movie night without Coca-Cola, so refreshing.
Our movie for the night was Hotel Transylvania 2. The kids have been requesting for Hotel Transylvania 2 since they have toys of them and we didn’t see them in cinemas. Good thing it finally came out on DVD this month.
If you love having movie nights like us, take advantage of this awesome offer for a $10 Vudu coupon! All you have to do is:
- Buy all 4 participating products (Orville Redenbacher, Coca-Cola, M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, and Sony New Releases – see the link for exact products) at Walmart between 12/22/15 and 2/2/16.
- Snap a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight to submit your receipt by 2/9/16. Tip: take a picture of this URL now, so you remember it later!
- Get a $10 Vudu movie code* by email. (*While supplies last. Limit 1 per person.)
Check out other fun movie night ideas and be sure to take advantage of the VUDU offer!
CHECK OUR PARTY TAB FOR MORE MOVIE NIGHT & PARTY IDEAS