Looking for the best iced Milo recipe? Try our Milo Dinosaur Recipe. All you need to make a Milo Dinosaur are ice, water, Milo cocoa powder, and condensed milk. It’s easy to make and truly a delicious drink both for kids and adults alike.
Milo is a chocolate malt powder that is usually mixed with hot or cold water to make chocolate milk. You can also mix Milo with milk to make creamier iced milo or to make a warm cup of milo milk for breakfast.
Milo drink is a popular beverage for kids, especially for kids who don’t really like drinking regular milk. I am one of them but the best way to enjoy Milo is to eat the chocolate powder by itself versus drinking it as a milo drink until I discovered Milo Dinosaur during a trip to Singapore. I got really hooked and tried to replicate the recipe. Luckily, it was actually easy to make a Milo Dinosaur drink.
MILO DINOSAUR RECIPE:
Milo Dinosaur Ingredients
- 5 Tablespoons of Milo Powder
- 3/4 Tbsp. condensed milk
- Hot or warm water
- Crushed Ice
- 2 Tbsp. extra Milo Powder as a topping
How to Make Milo Dinosaur
- Mix Milo Powder and Condensed milk in a tall glass.
- Add hot water halfway and stir well.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice then top with extra Milo Powder.
Tips for making Milo Dinosaur drink
- When making Milo Dinosaur, using hot or warm water helps dissolve the condensed milk and Milo mixture faster but it is optional if you only have room temperature water.
- If you don’t have a blender to make crushed iced for your Milo Dinosaur recipe, ice cubes will do.
- If you’re wondering if you can make milo dinosaur with evaporated milk, it doesn’t really taste like milo with condensed milk as evaporated milk is very watery and not sweet compared to condesned milk that is thick and sweet.
Milo Dinosaur is a cold milo drink and is the perfect drink during the summer or just whenever you want a refreshing chocolate drink to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whoever invented the Milo Dinosaur is a genius because the extra spoonful of Milo milk powder added to the top of the Milo Dinosaur puts together what Milo drinkers really want – the milo drink and eating the milo powder by itself.
Milo drink is a childhood favorite for most Filipino kids but it is also popular in Singapore where I believe Milo Dinosaur originated from and you can also find it at Mamak stalls around Malaysia.
I’m glad to have found the Milo powder in the U.S. so my kids get to enjoy them now as well. Every now and then, I also add Milo to oatmeal.
Ovaltine VS Milo. Another brand that is similar to Milo is Ovaltine but Milo tastes better. You can find Milo at Filipino grocery stores or at the Asian section of your supermarket to make your Milo Dinosaur drink. If you don’t have one nearby, try getting it online.
- 5 tbsp. Milo powder
- 3/4 tbsp. condensed milk
- hot water
- crushed ice
- 2 tbsp. extra Milo Powder as a topping
1. Mix Milo powder and condensed milk in a tall glass.
2. Add hot water halfway and stir well.
3. Fill the glass with crushed ice then top with extra Milo Powder.
That’s it! That’s how easy it is to make Milo Dinosaur. Do you know there’s also a Milo Godzilla Recipe? Milo Godzilla is basically an iced Milo drink topped with ice cream. One of these days I’ll try experimenting with other Milo drink recipes like a Milo shake or even Milo desserts.
More Drink & Dessert Recipes:
More Filipino Recipes:
- Beef Caldereta Instant Pot Recipe
- Filipino Chicken Curry Instant Pot Recipe
- Chicken Tinola Instant Pot Recipe
- Kare-Kare Instant Pot Recipe
- Pinakbet Instant Pot Recipe
- Arroz Caldo Instant Pot Recipe
- Pork Sinigang Instant Pot Recipe
- Chicken Adobo Instant Pot Recipe
- Bulalo Instant Pot Recipe
4 thoughts on “Easy Milo Dinosaur Recipe: How to Make Milo Dinosaur”
My kids would love this! pinned for later!
I have never seen Milo Powder before. But it sounds great.
I've never noticed milo powder before, I'm intrigued and want to try it, I love trying new things and this looks good!
I've never heard of this before, but my son might really enjoy it!
Comments are closed.