It’s Raffle Giveaway time. We got to see the Battleship USS Iowa last weekend. And we want to share the experience by giving away 2 FREE adult tickets(valued at $18 each) to one lucky reader. Children 5 and under can go in for Free. Ticket valid until May of 2014.
Click here to see our previous tour of the USS Iowa.
More information about the USS Iowa:
Celebrate the American Spirit at the Battleship IOWA educational museum & attraction – the West Coast’s only Battleship open to the public and 2013 winner of the SSHSA Museum Ship of the Year. Considered one of the “Best Cool Exhibits to See with Your Kids”, your tour takes you on a journey through World War II, the Korean War, and the Cold War to experience the life of a sailor on the lead ship of the last class of gunships.
Join the Raffle Giveaway through Rafflecopter below, click here if you need a tutorial on how to enter the giveaway.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- The USS IOWA is open every day, except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- September through May: 1000 to 1700 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM) with the last ticket sold at 1600 hours (4:00 PM).
- June through August: 0900 to 1700 (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) with the last ticket sold at 1600 hours (4:00 PM).
- You can purchase tickets here or at the box office at the prices below. The USS IOWA accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover cards.
- General Admission Adult (Ages 18-61) $18.00
- General Admission Youth (Ages 6-17) $10.00
- General Admission Seniors (Ages 62+) $15.00
- Gen Admission Active/Ret/Reserve Military (w/ID) $15.00
- The USS IOWA is located at Berth 87 at the Port of Los Angeles.
- Click here for maps and detailed directions.
- Visitors to the USS IOWA can park in the lot adjacent to the ship. The lot is accessible from Harbor Boulevard and the charge is $1.00 per hour.
- USS IOWA is not currently ADA accessible. However, accessibility for disabled guests will be improved over the next year.
- There are many obstacles on the ship such as uneven decking, high door frames and many sets of stairs that are safety hazards. For that reason, no wheelchairs are allowed aboard the ship and those using canes and walkers should use extra caution.
- Visiting the USS IOWA can be a very rewarding family experience and children are welcomed on board!
- Parents must closely supervise their children at all times.
- Strollers are not allowed on board the IOWA. For small children, the use of a front carrier (Baby Bjorn-type carrier) is suggested. There are several stairs and obstacles on the tour. Children may not be carried up stairs unless they are in a front-facing carrier. If they are not in a carrier and cannot climb the stairs safely on their own, then the child and a guardian must remain on the main deck of the ship.