Disney World Hollywood Studios Tips – Hollywood Studios is one of the 4 Disney World Theme Parks. It was initially created as a theme park and production studio but the park has begun to distance itself from the original studio backlot intention and entered a new direction of theming and attraction development inspired by Hollywood stories. Check out our 10 Tips for Visiting Disney World Hollywood Studios to learn Disney World Fastpass Tips, what Disney World food to eat, which rides and shows are a must see at Hollywood Studios, etc., and see all the new plans coming to this park very soon possibly making it the most visited Disney World theme park in the coming years.
10 DISNEY WORLD HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS TIPS:
1. IF YOU’RE A STAR WARS FAN, HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS IS THE DISNEY WORLD THEME PARK TO VISIT
Which Disney World Park has Star Wars? Disney World Hollywood Studios! There’s a Star Wars show, Star Wars fireworks, Star Wars Character Meet & Greet, Star Wars Jedi Training, and by fall of 2019, the Disney World Star Wars Land or STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE as it is called will open.
Here are Disney World Star Wars Attractions you can enjoy right now:
- Star Wars March of the First Order: Clear the way for Captain Phasma as this ruthless commander leads her squad of Stormtroopers up Hollywood Boulevard to Center Stage.
- Star Wars, A Galaxy Far, Far Away show: this is an outdoor live show featuring legendary scenes from the Star Wars films. Stake your spot in front of the stage before the show begins.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular show: State-of-the-art projection effects, dynamic lighting, lasers and pyrotechnics light up the night. This show is truly spectacular.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party: For an additional fee, enjoy Star Wars-themed desserts & drinks—plus a souvenir stein—before adjourning to watch the show from a reserved viewing area.
- Star Wars Character Meet & Greet: You can take photos with BB-8, Kylo Ren, and Chewbacca. Separate lines for each character though.
- Star Wars Jedi Training: younglings can train in the ways of the Force and put their skills to the test against the Dark Side. Make sure to register at the park as soon as the park opens, kids 4 to 12 can participate.
- Star Wars Launch Bay Theater: Watch a behind-the-scenes video and see how a new generation of filmmakers is crafting the future of the Star Wars saga.
- Star Tours – The Adventure Continues: Make the jump to hyperspace as you ride aboard a 3D, motion-simulated space flight to popular destinations from Star Wars.
2. NOT A LOT OF RIDES BUT RELAX & ENJOY A LOT OF SHOWS
Which Disney World Park has the most rides? It’s definitely not Hollywood Studios. It must have the least amount of rides especially ones that are geared for the little ones. But you can take this opportunity to rest and just watch live shows. After a tiring day at Disney World Epcot, it was a relief for us to be here the following day. The other 3 Disney World Theme Parks will tire you out with its size and number of rides you’d have to line up for. At Disney World Hollywood Studios, there will be a lot of shows especially if you have young princesses with you. There’s Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Frozen. So enjoy!
3. DISNEY WORLD HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS TIPS: WATCH MUPPET VISION 3D
I honestly thought my 2 princesses will enjoy all the princess shows the most but actually, the Muppet Vision 3D is their favorite at Hollywood Studios. Maybe coz’ it’s all so new to them compared to the Disney Princess stories.
4. DISNEY WORLD HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS TIPS: TAKE YOUR DISNEY JUNIOR FANS
While adults will have a fun-filled day with all things Star Wars at Hollywood Studios, the young ones will also get to enjoy with the Disney Junior characters they will get to meet. If you have a Disney Junior fan, take them to meet Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins for some pictures and watch them in a show.
During our visit, the kids really enjoyed the Disney Junior Live on Stage show but this ended this September to be replaced by Disney Junior Dance Party yet it won’t debut until December 22, 2018. In this new Hollywood Studios Disney Junior show – join Doc McStuffins, Vampirina, Timon and Mickey for a high-energy musical celebration.
5. DISNEY WORLD HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS FASTPASS TIPS
Skip the long lines at the Disney rides and shows by booking your Fastpass+ in advance. Guests at Disney World hotels can book FastPass+ for their entire stay 60 days in advance of the first day of their stay. If you’re not staying at a Disney hotel, you can book FastPass+ 30 days in advance. You can make bookings on the My Disney Experience app or online via the Disney website. With a Fastpass+, you can show up within the 1hr. window at the attraction you’ve booked.
As of writing (2018), when booking for a Hollywood StudiosFastpass+, you can reserve one Tier 1 attraction and 2 Tier 2 Attractions or just three Tier 2 attractions, no Tier 1.
Choose one Tier 1 attraction:
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Toy Story Mania!
Choose two Tier 2 attractions:
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Star Tours: The Adventure Continues
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Disney Junior Live on Stage
- Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Beauty and the Beast
Note: the rules may change as new attractions come in into Hollywood Studios. We will try our best to update this information.
Hollywood Studio Fastpass Tips – Slinky Dog Dash has the longest queue at Hollywood Studios. It is one of the rides located at the newly opened Toy Story Land – it is a roller coaster ride. If you are traveling with young kids, I would suggest getting the Toy Story Mania! for Tier 1, then 2 shows from Tier 2. Fantasmic is very famous for Tier 2, so try to get this one as soon as you can. There’s a lot of seats at Beauty and the Beast, so unless you want to be in the front, I wouldn’t suggest getting a Fastpass+ here so you can get another attraction instead.
After you’ve finished all your 3 Fastpass+ for the day, you can book another Fastpass+ while you’re at the park but it would depend on what’s available at that time.
6. ENJOY SOME CAESAR SALAD FOR LUNCH
Tired of all the Disney World theme park foods? The Caesar salad at Disney World Hollywood Studios is very refreshing and delicious. We found it at Catalina Eddie’s on Sunset Boulevard. The only downside is if it’s really hot outside as this is al fresco dining only. If you are traveling with kids who love pizzas, they also have pizza here for them to enjoy.
7. MEET OLAF AT DISNEY WORLD HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
While you can meet Elsa and Anna at Disney World Epcot, cute and adorable Olaf is not there. Where is Olaf at Disney World? He’s by himself at Hollywood Studios. He is adorable in person as he was in the movie so if you have a Frozen fan in the family, do visit him!
Also, while Epcot once again has the Frozen ride, Hollywood Studios has the For the First Time in Forever: Frozen Sing-A-Long Celebration. We didn’t enjoy the Sing-A-Long Celebration as much though. I can’t put my finger as to why. Perhaps, we’ve just seen and heard the music too much since the movie came out. I think if they put more effects into the show versus it’s just a sing-a-long celebration, I would have appreciated it more.
8. GET AN AFTERNOON BREAK FOR ALL THE NIGHTLY SHOWS
Since there’s a lot of good shows at night like Fantasmic or the Disney Movie Magic (outdoor projection experience) followed by the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, do take a break by noon or in the afternoon either at the park or back at your hotel.
During the Holidays, you can watch Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam which is a Santa-sized spectacular jam-packed with holiday music, fireworks, special effects, and dazzling state-of-the-art projections. It will start on November 6 and will run until January 6, 2019.
9. RESERVE DINING AT SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATER RESTAURANT IN ADVANCE
Dining at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Disney World Hollywood Studios would be a really unique experience for everyone. Here you can do dinner and a show ’50s-style at their drive-in “theater,” featuring all-American cuisine and sci-fi movie clips.
Book in advance yet factor the nightly entertainment into the equation so you won’t miss the good shows while dining here. I obviously didn’t plan where we would dine and missed out on the opportunity to dine here. I don’t know how good the food is though, so hopefully, it’s as good as the setting.
10. VISIT IN 2019, LOTS OF NEW THINGS COMING TO HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS BY THEN INCLUDING:
- Celebrate with the Incredibles – Jan 18 to September 30 – Visit Pixar Place for live entertainment, games, photo ops, Character appearances, Edna Mode’s suit gallery and more.
- Meet Mike & Sulley – starting January 18, 2019 – A door to the monster world is opening—giving you a chance to meet some lovable Scream Team members!
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – coming early 2019 – Get pumped for a high-octane, first-of-its-kind show that’ll put you right in the middle of the Cars universe.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway – coming soon- First Mickey-themed Ride-Through Attraction.
- Sat Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – opening Fall of 2019. A whole are dedicated to Star Wars. New rides, new shows, etc.
HOPE YOU LEARNED A LOT FROM OUR DISNEY WORLD HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS TIPS. PLAN YOUR TRIP WITH OUR DISNEY WORLD TIPS AND OTHER FLORIDA TRAVEL TIPS:
- 10 Tips for Planning a Disney World Vacation
- Must Try Foods at Disney World and What to Avoid
- Disney World Packing List
- 10 Tips for Visiting Disney World Animal Kingdom
- 10 Tips for Visiting Disney World Epcot
- 15 Ways to Save on an Orlando Vacation
- The Ultimate 2 Week Orlando Itinerary
- 10 Tips for Visiting Kennedy Space Center
- Legoland Florida VS. Legoland California
- Where to Stay in Downtown Orlando
VISIT: DISNEY WORLD PACKING LIST