Disneyland California is home to 2 theme parks – Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure. Prices have gone up but there are 10 ways to save and you may be able to buy tickets at 2018 prices. We’ve listed how you can buy Disneyland Discount Tickets from reputable Disney Ticket sellers and directly from Disneyland’s website if they have are cheaper. We’ve also included all the important things to know before buying cheap Disneyland tickets.
disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.
DISNEYLAND DISCOUNT TICKETS:
There are no deals on 1-Day visit to Disneyland but I would suggest getting a 2-day ticket since there are 2 theme parks and you really need to visit both and would need a full day (maybe more) for each.
1. CHEAPEST DEAL ON MULTI-DAY VISIT
There are 2 offers for 3, 4, and a 5-day visit to Disneyland. One is a limited time offer for select dates while the second one still gives you a discount during peak season.
Note that all 3, 4, and 5 Day tickets include a free one day Magic Morning admission. Kids 2 and under free. There is a $2 convenience fee per ticket.
A. For Disneyland visits between April 1 to 13, April 23 – 30, and May 1 -23 – Limited Time Offer:
1 Park per Day Deals:
- 3-Day 1-Park per Day Ticket (save up to $108) – $191.76 per adult or child ticket or $63.92 per day
- 4-Day 1-Park per Day Ticket (save up to $115) – $209.11 per adult or child ticket or $52.28 per day
- 5-Day 1-Park per Day Ticket (save up to $121) – $218.24 per adult or child ticket or $43.65 per day
Park Hopper Deals:
- 3-Day Park Hopper (save up to $117) – $237.42 per adult or child ticket or $79.14
- 4-Day Park Hopper (save up to $125) – $254.77 per adult or child ticket or $64 per day
- 5-Day Park Hopper (save up to $131) – $263.90 per adult or child ticket or $72.58 per day
B. For Disneyland visits between April 14-22 and May 1 -24 onwards:
1 Park per Day Deals:
- 3-Day 1-Park per Day Ticket – $278.70 per adult & $260.70 per child ticket
- 4-Day 1-Park per Day Ticket – $298.70 per adult & $280.70 per child ticket
- 5-Day 1-Park per Day Ticket – $313.70 per adult & $292.70 per child ticket
Park Hopper Deals:
- 3-Day Park Hopper – $325.70 per adult & $308.70 per child ticket
- 4-Day Park Hopper – $348.70 per adult & $331.70 per child ticket
- 5-Day Park Hopper – $362.70 per adult & $345.70 per child ticket
2. CHEAPEST 2-DAY TICKET DEAL – AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND
Visit both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure with a 2 Day visit of either 1 Park per Day or Park Hopper where you can go in and out of both theme parks on all 2 days.
Save up to $13.30 for 1 Park per Day tickets and up to $15.30 for Park Hopper tickets. Valid year-round. $2 convenience fee per ticket applies.
- 2-Day 1-Park per Day Ticket Deal – $211.70 per adult ($105.85 per day), $197.70 per child ($98.85 per day)
- 2-Day Park Hopper Ticket Deal – $264.70 per adult ($132.35 per day), $252.70 per child ($126.35 per day)
3. SAVE WITH A DISNEYLAND COMBO TICKET DEAL
Save on Disneyland tickets when you buy combo tickets to 2 theme parks of choice.
- Disneyland Resort + Knott’s Berry Farm Combo Deal – Choose from either a 2-Day, 3-Day, 4-Day or 5-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® OR 1 Park Per Day Ticket and 1-Day Knott’s Berry Farm General Admission Ticket.
- Disneyland Resort Park Hopper + Universal Studios Hollywood Combo Deal – Choose from either a 2-Day, 3-Day, 4-Day or 5-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket and 1-Day Universal Studios Hollywood™ General Admission Ticket.
- Disneyland Resort 1 Park Per Day + Universal Studios Hollywood Combo Deal – Includes either a 2-Day, 3-Day 4-Day or 5 Day Disneyland® Resort 1-Park Per Day Ticket and 1-Day Universal Studios Hollywood™ General Admission Ticket.
4. SAVE BIG WHEN BUNDLING TICKETS + HOTEL
Booking your Ticket + Hotel can save you up to $108 on selected dates. Discover the value in a Good Neighbor Hotel Vacation Package with many hotels offering Free Parking and Breakfast.
- Disneyland Resort 1 Park Per Day + Hotel Packages – Choose from 2, 3, 4, or 5-Days 1-Park per Day Ticket + your Hotel.
- Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket + Hotel Packages – Choose from 2, 3, 4, or 5-Days Park Hopper Ticket + your Hotel.
Disneyland AAA Discount is available for AAA members. They sell tickets for 2, 3, 4, and 5-days visits. Savings are between $8 – $14 for 1 park per day visit or $10 – $16 on Park Hopper Tickets. I found ticket deals #1 to #2 above to still be cheaper.
Costco does not sell Disneyland tickets but does offer Disneyland Vacation Packages.
7. GROUP DISCOUNT
- Disneyland Group Discounts are for groups of 15 or more. Has to be from non-profit organizations. For detailed information, prices and tickets, call (714) 781-4565.
- Disney Youth Groups also offer specially-priced group tickets that are perfect for field trips. For information and reservations, call (800) 232-7980.
8. MILITARY DISCOUNT
Disneyland Military Discount Tickets are available for active and retired U.S. military personnel.
Disney Resort is offering Military Promotional 3- and 4-Day Park Hopper Tickets that can be used from January 1 through April 13 and April 23 through December 21, 2019.
9. SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS CAN SAVE AT DISNEYLAND
There are two ways you can save as a Southern California resident. Either purchase a 3-day ticket or an annual pass. Both can be purchased directly from Disneyland’s website.
- 3-Day Ticket for Southern California residents – Enjoy a 3-day ticket for $179 (1 Park per Day) or 3-day ticket for $234 (Park Hopper). They are valid for visits through May 23, 2019, except for April 14 to April 22, 2019.
- Disney Southern California Select Passport – If you think you will be visiting Disneyland a lot, then save by purchasing an Annual Pass for $399. Do note that blockout dates do apply and Disney MaxPass is extra for $100. Parking is also extra.
10. SAVE ON YEAR-ROUND VISIT WITH A DISNEY ANNUAL PASSPORT
Disneyland Annual Passes are available at various tiers for those who intend to visit multiple times a year. Only the Disney Signature Plus has no blockout dates and has the Disney MaxPass included. While both Disney Signature and Signature Plus offer standard parking included. All 3 have discounts on Disney merchandise, food, and beverage.
- Disney Deluxe – $799
- Disney Signature – $1149
- Disney Signature Plus – $1399
Things to Know Before Buying Discounted Disneyland Tickets:
You should only buy from an authorized ticket seller
It’s especially important not to buy tickets that have been partially used. I’ve heard stories of people buying from Craigslist and eBay only to find out it’s not real Disney tickets when they arrive at the park.
Disney Park Hopper Tickets
Park Hopper tickets let you visit both theme park on the same day. Disneyland Tickets are available as 1 Park per Day or Park Hopper.
I’m sure you’re wondering, is it even worth getting a park hopper at Disneyland.
Unlike Disney World in Orlando where 4 of the theme parks are spaced apart, in California, the gate entrances at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are merely in front of each other so it is easy to go from one theme park to the other.
Personally, I prefer 1 Park per Day especially when we’re traveling with the kids. But, if your intent is to take advantage of Disney’s FastPass, so you can ride all the rides with FastPass then just visit the rides without Fastpass when the crowd is light, then go for Park Hopper.
If you also want to take advantage of Extra Magic Hour, having a Park Hopper lets you enter the theme park with Extra Magic Hour that day then moving to the lesser crowded theme park once the gates open for everybody.
Look at it this way, if all the Resort guests took advantage of the Extra Magic Hour, then non-resort guest enters, the theme park you’re in will have more crowd once regular operating hours hits so it’s best to move to the other theme park.
One Benefit of Staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel is the Extra Magic Hour
There are 3 Disneyland Resort Hotels: Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
Extra Magic Hour is valid for registered Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests (ages 3 and older) who have a valid theme park ticket and active hotel room key card.
It allows you admission to select attractions at either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park one (1) hour before the applicable park opens to the general public every day of the Guest’s stay.
Extra Magic Hour Schedule at Disneyland Park is on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, one hour prior to park open.
Extra Magic Hour Schedule at Disney California Adventure Park is on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, one hour prior to park open.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (opening May 2019) will not be available as part of Extra Magic Hour at Disneyland Park.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open May 31, 2019
Reservation is required for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge for visits between May 31, 2019, and June 23, 2019. Access to the land and its experiences may be unavailable based on Guest demand and other factors.
With a Disney MaxPass, you can book FASTPASS to rides on your mobile device using the Disneyland App as soon as you enter the park for $15 per day, per ticket.
FASTPASS allows you to ride a specific Disney ride at a specific time without the long lines. Regular FASTPASS which is still free is available but you’d have to go walk (or run) to every FASTPASS kiosk just to claim a FASTPASS.
With the Disney MaxPass, you can now book them through your phone. But unlike Disney World where you can book your FASTPASS 30 – 90 days in advance, with the MaxPass, it’s only once you enter the park.
Those with 3+ Days of Disney Tickets get 1-Day of Magic Morning
Disneyland Resort Guests (with valid 3+ day ticket) can enjoy one early admission (during the duration of theme park ticket) to select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations in Disneyland Park for one full hour before the park opens to the general public on select days.
To enhance the early entry experience, it is strongly recommended that Guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular theme park opening.
Magic Morning is available for Disneyland on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays.
Disneyland Events Cost Extra:
If you wish to attend special events at Disneyland like Mickey’s Halloween Party or the upcoming Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble, you will need a separate ticket just for the event.
Kids 3 and under free:
Kids 3 and under can enter the 2 Disney California Theme Parks (Disneyland and Disney California Adventure) for free. Ages 3 – 9 can purchase child ticket, and 10+ must purchase adult tickets.
Parking is Extra:
Parking at Disneyland is $25 per car. Tip: Do remember where you park, what level, what row, etc. Taking a picture of it would be helpful.
Parking at the 3 Disney Resort Hotels cost $25 for self-parking per night, per vehicle; valet service is $35 per night, per vehicle.
Booking a hotel outside Disneyland like one of the many hotels located across the street from Disneyland (walking distance) may enable you to park for free at the hotel, but do check before booking, every hotel is different.
Check our past experience staying at Marriott Fairfield Anaheim which is one of the many hotels that are walking distance to Disneyland – it’s located across the theme park.
Pin for Later: