This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
This year, it is my goal to achieve balance. When I say balance, I’m not merely talking about work and play or dividing my day between the kids, chores/errands, the blog and myself but about being productive when I’m awake and getting that much needed rest when it’s time to sleep.
I have the very tendency to go to bed and let my mind run wild with ideas, things to do, random thoughts, everything. In the end, I may be in bed for 8 hours but I didn’t really sleep for 8 hours.
Are you not getting enough sleep like me? Here’s what I do every night now to help me avoid the tossing and turning or that – I’m not moving but my mind is. Try to incorporate my mommy sleep routine because sleep is very important. It affects our productivity the next day and is important for our overall health.
- Jot Down Everything – Before going to bed write down your thoughts, the things you need to do the next day and your goals for the week or even that brilliant idea you have and don’t bring it with you to bed. Leave all those thoughts in your notes to tackle the next day instead.
- Potty – When you ask the kids to go potty so they don’t pee in bed, make sure you go too. So you don’t wake up in the middle of the night needing to go.
- Warm bath or warm shower before bed can help relax those tired and stiff muscles. When those calves of yours are hurting and restless from a full day of work, the tossing and turning begins. A warm bath really helps in relieving the pain.
- Don’t check your phones in bed. Studies have shown that being exposed to the blue-and-white light given off by phones or other electronic gadgets at night prevents our brains from releasing melatonin, a hormone that tells our bodies it’s nighttime which makes falling asleep harder. I check my phone before going to the bedroom and turn it to silent mode.
- Pray and Meditate. Bringing our worries to bed is something we all do and it makes it harder for us to fall asleep and even harder to stay asleep. Usually, we are somewhat half awake, thinking of our worries in our sleep. So, let’s end our night with a prayer and leave everything to God. Meditate that everything will be okay.
- Relax to a cup of Bigelow Benefits Chamomile and Lavender Herbal Tea. I love this calming, floral lavender flavored tea with a sweet chamomile finish that is designed to support sleep. I don’t even need honey as it doesn’t have a bitter taste to it and it’s just the perfect way to end the night.
Curious about Bigelow Benefits Line? It’s a new line of tea by Bigelow that was designed to support everyday wellness. Beside eating healthy, staying active and sleeping well, it’s important to put good things in our bodies to help us stay strong. That desire was the inspiration for the Bigelow Benefits line, everyday teas that fuel our body with good for you ingredients.
They came up with 6 more other new tea flavor combinations besides the Chamomile and Lavender Tea combination and you can enjoy them and their benefits as well:
- Calm Stomach – Ginger and Peach Herbal Tea
- Stay Well – Lemon and Echinacea Herbal Tea
- Balance – Cinnamon and Blackberry Herbal Tea
- Refresh – Turmeric Chili Matcha Green
- Radiate Beauty – Blueberry and Aloe Herbal Tea
- Good Mood – Chocolate and Almond Herbal Tea
Since flavor is everything, they designed this line to taste fabulous and help support your well-being. And I must say, I really love the Lavender Chamomile combination. I found it while doing my grocery shopping at Ralph’s.
Bigelow believes their Benefits teas, as part of your everyday routine, can help you define the life you want to live! The line consists of 6 herbal and 1 green tea. The green matcha tea has caffeine. They are all non-GMO, gluten free, and blended & produced in the USA.
This new line compliments Bigelow Tea’s over 130 specialty teas that have been delighting tea lovers for over 70 years with inspired combinations of herbs and spice ingredients (all with names you know and trust!), are so imaginative and flavorful, you’ll want to enjoy them morning, noon and night and all the moments in between.
Make sure to try it together with my other Mommy Sleep Routine suggestions and print my free printable gift tag in case you want to give it to fellow moms whom you know are having a hard time sleeping. Better yet, give every mommy friend at school a tea gift before the Spring Break starts and let’s all surrender to that deep slumber!
What you need:
- Bigelow Benefits Chamomile and Lavender Herbal Tea
- Free Printable Gift Tag (below)
- Silver cording or ribbon
- Hole Puncher
“May You Have a TEA-rrific Sleep”