Are you headed to the Coachella Music Festival this weekend or maybe the next? Do you know that the Coachella Music Festival that runs for 3 days over 2 weekends is located in the City of Indio within the Coachella Valley? It is not in Palm Springs nor the City of Coachella (close enough), but rather in Indio. Indio is known as the City of Festivals for having 2 weekends of Coachella Fest plus Stagecoach Music Festival on the 3rd weekend and then there’s also a BBQ Festival and the biggest Tamale Festival in the world amongst others.
As you pack and get yourself ready for Beyonce who will be headlining the 2018 Coachella Music Festival, get yourself acquainted with some restaurants in Indio should you wish to explore the city beyond the festival gates and the pool party at your hotel. Here are Restaurants in Indio that I would suggest you try on your visit. A bonus: one of them is hailed the #1 restaurant in America this 2018 according to Yelp.
Restaurants to Try in Indio during the Coachella Festival:
- Cafe Shields – Come here for their famous date shake. I would suggest sharing it as though it is delicious, it’s a lot for one. Dine al fresco and order any of their delicious date-themed dishes. The Bacon-wrapped Dates is a must order and so is the Date Burger. Not a fan of dates? Not to worry, they have a lot of other dishes that are both healthy and delicious. There is a nice Date (Farm) Garden you can stroll around at after dining here but since it’s typically hot during the festival weekend, you can just skip it. Before you leave though, make sure to grab some date cookies at their store. Whether you’re a date fan or not, I’m pretty sure you will love it. Check our visit to Shields Date Garden.
- TKB Deli & Bakery – hailed as the #1 restaurant in the US this 2018 based from Yelp users. They are famous for their Trump sandwich (not named after the President) – Turkey, Salami, Bacon, Pepper Jack Cheese, Avocado, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Jalapeño, Potato Chips, and Chipotle on a Jalapeño Focaccia roll. My favorite though is their egg salad sandwich on a jalapeño cheddar focaccia. You can choose from their cold sammies and their hot sammies, or customize one to your liking. Choose your drink, chips, dessert or desserts since there’s quite a number to choose from then dine in or take it to go. TKB Deli & Bakery is located in an industrial area but don’t let the outside fool you. Inside comes pack by lunch time.
- Ciro’s Ristorante & Pizzeria – should you crave for Italian food during the festival weekend, come to Ciro’s for their Portobello Mushroom Ravioli and ask for them to put Alfredo sauce instead of the Marinara sauce it’s set to come with. Also order their Pancetta Pie, delizioso!
- Casa de Silvia – Indio is home to the biggest Tamale Festival in the world. If you’ve never been to this festival held annually during the first weekend of December, get a taste of it by visiting Casa de Silvia to try any or all of their savory and sweet tamales. Have you tried a Pineapple Tamale before? Yum!
- Heirloom Craft Kitchen – A new addition to the City of Indio is Heirloom Craft Kitchen! 3 words – Truffle Tater Tots!
Have fun in Indio and the Coachella Valley as a whole. Make sure to bring a bandana to the Coachella Music Festival and Stagecoach Festival, you’re gonna be needing it!