Looking for U-pick apple farms near Los Angeles? Go Apple Picking in Oak Glen CA, located just 1.5 hr. away from L.A. – it is a small agricultural community located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains. Below is a guide to Oak Glen Apple Picking 2021 including hours, which Oak Glen u-pick apple farm to visit, and all the fun things to do in Oak Glen besides visiting U-pick farms.
APPLE PICKING SEASON 2021
Oak Glen apple picking season 2021 starts the month of September to October, between Labor Day weekend and runs until Thanksgiving weekend. Oak Glen apple orchards are open now for U-pick apples, other U-pick fruits including raspberries and pears, family-friendly activities, a petting zoo, fresh-baked goods like apple pies, and more.
BEST TIME FOR APPLE PICKING
The best time for apple picking is between September to October but what’s ripe for the picking depends on the apple variety. Check each Oak Glen apple farm’s website to see what variety of apples is available during your visit. Oak Glen is the best place to go apple picking but due to the popularity of U-pick apple farms in Oak Glen, don’t wait until the end of October to visit to make sure you still have apples to pick.
THINGS TO DO IN OAK GLEN
Plan an Oak Glen apple picking trip with the family and visit U-pick Farms for apples and berries, make your own apple cider juice, and grab BBQ for lunch. Don’t leave without bringing home an apple pie, apple butter jams, and apple cider donuts.
Located in Yucaipa, California, Oak Glen is located in San Bernardino County in the San Bernadino Mountains, Oak Glen Road is a scenic loop that travels a total distance of 20 miles with 5 miles of it comprising of Oak Glen farms, shops, restaurants, nature trails, bakeries, cafes, cideries, and historical landmarks.
OAK GLEN APPLE FARMS:
12099 Oak Glen Rd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Willowbrook Apple Farm is a small 100-year-old family farm where you can experience u-pick apples and u-press apple cider and savor Stayman-Winesap apples fresh off the tree. Surrounded by fall colors in the San Bernardino mountains, you can enjoy locally grown food, freshly pressed apple cider, meet farm animals, and experience small farm life in a picturesque setting.
Willowbrook U-pick apple farm is open for apple season Labor Day Weekend and their last day for u-pick and u-press will be the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Willowbrook Apple Farm Oak Glen is open Saturday and Sundays only, 10 AM – 4 PM.
39611 Oak Glen Rd, Yucaipa, CA 92399.
Los Rios Rancho in Oak Glen is Southern California’s largest apple farm in operation since 1906. Apple season starts Labor Day through Thanksgiving at the Historic Los Rios Rancho.
7 days a week
When visiting Los Rios Rancho, enjoy a Farm Kitchen serving tri-tip sandwiches, BBQ, cold beverages, dessert, and more, a Farm Store tent with seasonal goodies, and nature trails 7 days a week.
U-pick fruit, Little Seeling Ranch (petting zoo & miniature farm), tractor rides & horse-drawn wagon tours, live musical entertainment, Farm Fair (candle dipping & Frontier Chores hay bale pulley), corn maze, roasted corn, Steak Shack, wagon rides & tractor rides, and hard cider tasting are available during the weekends at Los Rios Rancho farm.
Los Rios Rancho is open 7 days a week from 10 AM to 5 PM.
3. Riley’s Farm
12261 S Oak Glen Rd., Oak Glen, CA 92399
Take a step back into Colonial America at Riley’s Farm in Oak Glen CA. Go apple picking, berry picking, make your own pressed cider, sample a variety of apples, and shop all sorts of apple jams before heading out.
Apple picking at Riley’s Farm in Oak Glen is available from Wednesdays to Saturdays.
Check our past visit to Riley’s Farm Oak Glen CA.
12131 S. Oak Glen Rd., Oak Glen, CA 92399
Stone Soup Farm in Oak Glen offers apple picking in their 130-year-old heirloom apple orchard in October. Admission is $5 for 4+ & free for kids 3 and under. There is a 10-minute tour about the history of the apple farm, some information about their apples, apple tasting and general rules while picking. U-pick apples are $3.75/lb. and the farm provides apple bags at the introduction talk before picking apple begins.
11993 S. Oak Glen Rd., Yucaipa Ca 92399
Stone Pantry Orchard in Oak Gen offers U-Pick apples, pears, blackberries, and pumpkins. You also get to press your own cider. They are open weekends Labor Day to Thanksgiving 10-5 and by appointment during the week.
Tips for Apple Picking in Oak Glen:
- When apple picking in Oak Glen, make sure to check the weather condition before going and dress accordingly. The weather is cooler in Oak Glen but it can also be hot on a sunny day. Make sure to also check that there is no fire in the area before driving out.
- The operating hours of some apple farm changes every year so confirm before going.
- There is no entrance fee to most Oak Glen apple farms but charges per pound on how much apples or other fruits you’ve picked. Check their website for rates or give them a call.
- Some U-pick apple farms in Oak Glen are bigger than other. The bigger farms may have more actvities but they also have more crowd so choose accordingly or visit a different one every year.
- Oak Glen is crowded on the weekends so do arrive early so you can find parking in any of the Oak Glen apple farms. Parking on the main road is not allowed.
- It’s less-crowded in Oak Glen during weekdays but some apple orchards are not open daily and some activities are not available.
- Bring a sun hat, closed-toed shoes, water, and a good camera.
- Dogs may not be allowed so check each Oak Glen apple farms’ rules before going.
- Try to check-in at a U-pick tent & grab a bag before you start roaming around the apple farms. Some orchards are really big and you don’t want to go back & forth. It’s best to bring cash as well.
- Try to check the crop information via each Oak Glen apple orchard’s website to know what apple variety is available for U-pick.
Other Things to Do in Oak Glen besides Apple Picking:
39400 Oak Glen Rd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Snow-line Orchard is a family owned apple farm, winery & cidery in Oak Glen and has been around since 1898. Visit them for apple cider mini donuts and cider slushies, u-pick raspberries, balsamic vinegar and oils, local honey, unique gifts, and farm made wine and hard cider. Snow-Line Orchard does not have u-pick apple available but they do sell apples.
Snow-Line Orchard is open Wednesday to Friday from 10 AM – 5 PM, and 10 AM to 4 PM on weekends.
38480 Oak Glen Road, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Visit Oak Tree Mountain in Oak Glen to enjoy fresh-baked 5lb mile-high apple pies and other goodies from Apple Annies Bakery, eat a hand-dipped Caramel Apple at their Candy Store, and pet the animals in the petting zoo and visit the local shops and artisans. You can even throw an axe for $5.
Oak Tree Mountain in Oak Glen is open Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM.