Looking for U-pick farms to do apple picking near Los Angeles? Go Apple Picking in Oak Glen CA, located just 1.5 hr. away from L.A. – it is a small agricultural community located in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Oak Glen Road is a scenic loop that travels a total distance of 20 miles with 5 miles of it comprising of apple farms, shops, restaurants, nature trails, bakeries, cafes, cideries, and historical landmarks.
Oak Glen apple picking season 2019 starts Labor Day weekend and run until Thanksgiving.
Plan a day trip with the family and visit U-pick Farms for apples and berries, make your own apple cider juice, and grab BBQ for lunch. Don’t leave without bringing home an apple pie, apple butter jams, and apple cider donuts.
Oak Glen Apple Farms:
1. Willowbrook Apple Farm
12099 Oak Glen Rd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
This small 100-year-old family farm will open for apple season on Labor Day weekend offering old-fashioned apple cider presses for u-press apple cider and caramel apple dipping station ready to go. You can also meet some farm animals and go for tractor rides. Their apples are not quite ripe enough for u-pick, so to protect their century-old apple trees, they will be waiting to offer u-pick until they are ready – in late September.
Willowbrook Apple Farm is open Saturday and Sundays only, 10 AM – 4 PM.
More info: willowbrookapplefarm.com
2. Riley’s at Los Rios Rancho
39611 Oak Glen Rd, Yucaipa, CA 92399.
U-pick apple season starts Labor Day through Thanksgiving with Gravenstein & Macintosh apples available for picking this September. Enjoy a Country Kitchen, Market Barn, and nature trails 7 days a week. On the weekends, enjoy wagon and hayrides, free packing house tours, live music, U-press cider, and more.
Los Rios Rancho is open Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 11 AM to 5 PM and on 9 AM to 5 PM on weekends.
More info: losriosrancho.com
3. Riley’s Farm
12261 S Oak Glen Rd., Oak Glen, CA 92399
Take a step back into Colonial America at Riley’s Farm in Oak Glen CA. Go apple picking, berry picking, make your own pressed cider, sample a variety of apples, and shop all sorts of apple jams before heading out.
Riley’s Farm is open every day except Sundays. Apple picking is only available every Saturday.
Check our past visit to Riley’s Farm Oak Glen CA.
More info: rileysfarm.com
Tips for Apple Picking in Oak Glen:
- Check the weather condition before going and dress accordingly. The weather is cooler in Oak Glen but it can also be hot on a sunny day.
- It’s crowded on the weekends, so do arrive early so you can find parking in Oak Glen apple farms. Parking on the main road is not allowed.
- It’s less-crowded in Oak Glen during weekdays but some orchards are not open daily and some activities are not available.
- Bring a sun hat, closed toes shoes, water, and a good camera.
- Dogs may not be allowed so check each Oak Glen apple farms’ rules before going.
- Try to check-in at a U-pick tent & grab a bag before you start roaming around the apple farms. Some orchards are really big and you don’t want to go back & forth.
- Try to check the crop information via each Oak Glen apple orchard’s website to know what is available for U-pick.
Other Things to Do in Oak Glen besides Apple Picking:
1. Eat Apple Cider Mini Donuts at Snow-Line Orchard
39400 Oak Glen Rd, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Snow-line Orhcnard has been around since 1898. Visit them for fresh apples and cider, u-pick raspberries, apple cider mini donuts, balsamic vinegar and oils, local honey, unique gifts, and farm made wine and hard cider.
They are open daily from 9 AM – 5 PM.
More info: snowlineorchard.com
2. Visit Oak Glen Petting Zoo at Oak Tree Village
38480 Oak Glen Road, Yucaipa, CA 92399
Visit a petting zoo while you’re in Oak Glen. Some of the animals include ponies, goats, pigs, Horses, Llamas, a cow, and many other animals. They often have baby animals for your kids to bottle feed, pet and lay down next to. Take a walk on their natures trail or stop by our trouts ponds and do some fishing.
They are open daily from 9 AM – 5 PM.
More info: oaktreevillageoakglen.net
Other Fun Things to do in LA on Labor Day Weekend:
- LA County Fair
- Street Food Cinema
- Raging Waters Water Park
- Eat See Hear
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Fiesta Hermosa
Pin for later: