Kids Free San Diego is back this October 2021 where kids can get in free to over 100+ San Diego attractions including theme parks, zoos, museums, tours, restaurants, and hotels. For the adults, take advantage of the discount tickets to San Diego attractions that can be used for the San Diego Kids Free offer to save even bigger, details are below.
How the Kids Free San Diego October promotion works:
- With the annual Kids Free San Diego promotion, kids can get in free to over 100+ San Diego attractions, only adults need to pay admission tickets but make sure to read the terms and conditions of each attraction.
- Kids Free San Diego is held the whole month of October but some attractions like Sea World San Diego is already allowing visitors to take advantage of the offer now.
- Both tourists and residents can take advantage of the annual San Diego Kids Free October offer.
- Parking pass is not free unless it is free at the San Diego attraction you’re visiting.
- This 2021, make sure to check the attraction you’re visiting to see if you need reservation (besides ticket) & what COVID protocols you need to follow when visiting.
- Some Kids Free San Diego participating attraction will require only an adult ticket and the child can enter for free while other venues will need a printed voucher for the kids. Some also limit the number of kids the adults can bring for free in addition to age restrictions.
- Some attractions may require full-price adult ticket unless it’s an eligible discount ticket like the ones we’re listing below while others allow any discounted adult tickets so check before buying any tickets.
- Bundle San Diego multi-attraction passes like Go San Diego, Balboa Park Explorer Passes, and CityPASS cannot be use during Kids Free San Diego to avail of kids free entrance BUT if you are traveling with just one child and wish to visit multiple attractions, one parent buy eligible tickets to get the kid free, while the other parent buy the Go San Diego Pass to save.
- After checking the restriction of each San Diego attractions, avail of Kids Free San Diego eligible discount adult tickets via Ares Travel.
KIDS FREE SAN DIEGO OCTOBER 2021
SeaWorld San Diego – Use the Kids Free San Diego now!
SeaWorld is participating in the Kids Free San Diego promotion and you don’t have to wait until October, you can visit now and take advantage of the offer. The SeaWorld Kids Free San Diego offer is for kids (ages 3 to 9) to get in free to SeaWorld with one paid adult ticket.
SeaWorld San Diego adult with kids free tickets (10+) cost $95.99 + $9.99 service free during Kids Free San Diego. To save a few bucks, buy eligible discounted Sea World San Diego tickets for $93.99 + $4 service fee and save $7.99 per adult ticket.
Since the rule is 1 free child per 1 adult ticket, if there is an extra parent to buy tickets for, take advantage of $49.99 to $73.99 discount tickets for the extra adult or check out 9 ticket deals for SeaWorld San Diego discount tickets to save. These 9 ticket deals can only be used for the extra adult without a free child ticket.
Sea World Spooktacular is included with your Kids Free San Diego visit to Sea World. Visit on the weekends, between September 18 to October 31, to enjoy the daytime family-friendly Halloween event where kids can trick or treat and join in on a Halloween dance party.
For the really spooky night-time, Halloween haunt for adults (recommended for 13+), leave the young kids to grandma and check out SeaWorld San Diego Howl-O-Cream discount tickets to attend the event.
Related Post: Sea World Rides & Activities for Young Kids
Legoland California – Use the Kids Free San Diego now!
Legoland is part of the Kids Free San Diego offer but you don’t have to wait until October, you can visit now and take advantage of the offer. The Legoland Kids Free San Diego offer is for kids (ages 3 to 12) to get in free to Legoland California and Sea Life Aquarium with the purchase of full priced adult ticket.
Kids Free San Diego Legoland + Sea Life Hopper tickets cost $130.00 (13+) + $4.00 convenience fee. With the Kids Free San Diego offer, you are saving $124.99 for not needing to buy that one kids ticket, just make sure to add one child when buying the ticket, it will show up as free. Also, please note that Legoland California is still requiring reservations so reserve your visit after buying your tickets. Kids Free San Diego is not valid for Brick or Treat Saturdays in October.
Since the Kids Free San Diego rule for Legoland is 1 free child per 1 adult ticket, if there is an extra parent or child to buy tickets for, take advantage of the $122 (child) to $128 (adult) Legoland + Sea Life Hopper discount tickets for the extra adult or child or check out 21 ticket deals for Legoland California Discount Tickets to save. These 21 ticket deals can only be used for the extra adult or extra child without a free child ticket. And note that the Kids Free ticket is Legoland + SeaLife Aquarium, so either get the same for the extra person or if you don’t need to go to the aquarium, you can save more by just getting the 1 day Legoland ticket.
- Legoland Brick or Treat
- Legoland California VS Legoland Florida
- Legoland Hotel Guide
- Legoland Hotel VS Castle Hotel: Which hotel is better
- Legoland Hotel Breakfast Buffet
- Legoland Dining Guide
- Legoland Back Entrance
San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo Kids Free San Diego offer is free admission for up to 10 children (11 and under) with the paid admission of one adult between October 1 to 31. Children 2 and under can always visit San Diego Zoo for free. Qualifying kids do not need a ticket to enter for free during the October Kids Free San Diego promotion. Kids ages 3 to 11 usually have to pay $52 to enter San Diego Zoo so this a really big saving when visiting San Diego in October.
To save on adult tickets, buy a San Diego Zoo ticket using our promo code SAVE5 from AresTravel – an authorized ticker seller.
Kids Free San Diego Rule for San Diego Zoo: 10 Kids (11 and under) Free Admission per 1 Paid Adult. Parking at San Diego Zoo is free.
San Diego Safari Park
The San Diego Safari Park Kids Free San Diego offer is free admission for up to 10 children (11 and under) with the paid admission of one adult between October 1 to 31. Children 2 and under can always visit San Diego Safari Park for free. Qualifying kids do not need a ticket to enter for free during the October Kids Free San Diego promotion. Kids ages 3 to 11 usually have to pay $52 to enter San Diego Safari Park so this is another big saving when visiting San Diego this October 2021.
To save on adult tickets, buy a San Diego Safari ticket using our promo code SAVE5 from AresTravel – an authorized ticker seller.
Kids Free San Diego Rule for San Diego Safari Park Zoo: 10 Kids (11 and under) Free Admission per 1 Paid Adult. Parking at San Diego Safari Park is not free.
Related Post: 10 Tips for Visiting San Diego Safari Park
Other Kids Free October San Diego offer:
- Old Town Trolley Tours of San Diego – One free child per paid adult. $44 adult ticket & $21.75 if you have more than 1 child per paid adult.
- Flagship Cruises and Events – 2 free children per paid adult on all 1 and 2 hour San Diego Harbor Tours. $28 adult ticket and $9.25 for extra kids.
- Maritime Museum of San Diego – Children 12 and under receive general admission entry with the paid admission of one adult. Get your $10 to $20 tickets.
- The New Children’s Museum – 1 child free with the paid admission of one adult. Get your $15 tickets.
- San Diego Speed Boat Adventures – Kids cruise free on any daily Speed Boat Adventure. Get your tickets.
FREE Kids Admission to San Diego Museums in October:
The Kids Free San Diego includes free entrance to more than 40 art, cultural, science, and historical museums for kids ages 12 and under during the month of October. Below are the participating San Diego Kids Free museums this 2021. Please note that certain exhibitions may require an additional fee.
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Bonita Museum & Cultural Center
- California Center for the Arts Escondido Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Fleet Science Center
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- J.A. Cooley Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden of San Diego
- Lemon Grove Parsonage Museum
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Mingei International Museum
- Mission San Luis Rey
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Art
- San Diego Natural History Museum (the Nat)
- The New Children’s Museum
- Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
- USS Midway Museum
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Carrillo Ranch House (SOHO)
Usually, the Kids Free San Diego museum deal is two kids free per paid adult and to participate, families need to download the free coupon for every museum they wish to visit. The Kids Free San Diego museum coupon to visit museums is not yet available on the San Diego Museum Council’s website. Check back around mid-September.
Kids Eat Free at Participating San Diego Restaurants
As part of the Kids Eat Free San Diego October offer, kids eat for free at participating restaurants &/or restaurant hotels & can avail of Kids Free Welcome Gift at participating hotels.
Visit the San Diego Tourism’s Website for a complete listing of brands participating in the promotion.
Also read: San Diego Getaway Guide
Visit Ares Travel to Save on Adult tickets & print kids free tickets as needed.
Pin for later: Kids Free October in San Diego
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. AnyTots.com has made every effort to confirm the information in this article and we try our best to update as often as possible but things can often change so we urge you to confirm every event detail like date, time, location, ticket price from the host of the event or attraction. AnyTots is in no way responsible for any injuries or damages you sustain while visiting an attraction or event posted on our website and you assume the sole risk of relying on any of the information in our post.