Update: Moonlight Festival is not available this 2020. Check the latest 2020 Holiday Events in LA.
Avail of LA Arboretum Moonlight Forest Discount Tickets COMP – $17. Moonlight Forest is a family-friendly walk-through event where colorful designs of animals, plants and Chinese culture come to life in the form of ancient Chinese lantern art.
LA Arboretum Moonlight Forest Arcadia
Where: Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden, 301 North Baldwin Avenue, 91007 Arcadia, CA.
Dates: November 9, 2019 – January 12, 2020
Hours of Operation: Wednesday – Sunday: 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Entry times: 5:30pm, 7:00pm, 8:00pm (closes at 10:00pm)
Moonlight Forest Tickets (full price)
Wednesday–Thursday: Adult $25; Children (ages 3–17) $20; Seniors (62+) / Students (18+ with ID) $23
Friday–Sunday: Adult $28; Children (ages 3–17) $23; Seniors (62+) / Students (18+ with ID) $25
Plan on arriving at the venue 15 minutes prior to your entry time to allow for parking and check in.
In order to provide you with the best festival experience, entry is granted based on the time designated on your ticket.
For the 7 and 8 pm entry, you will be allowed to enter 15 minutes prior to that time, no earlier. There is no early admission for 5:30 entry.
There is a 30-minute grace period after the entry time on your ticket.
LA Arboretum Moonlight Forest Discount Tickets
Moonlight Forest Discount Tickets – Complimentary Tickets (available until supplies last) or $14 – $19 discount
Moonlight Forest Groupon Discount – $21.79 tickets
Note: No Moonlight Forest promo code needed to avail of the discount.
Things to see and do at LA Arboretum Moonlight Forest 2019
The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden invite you to Moonlight Forest 2019.
A fantasy of lights that takes you to new places. Dive under the seas with exotic fish and a giant shark in the new Ocean Visions exhibit. Next step into a winter wonderland with the new Polar Dreams experience featuring playful penguins and cuddly sled dogs. Enjoy other themes and live performances.
Artisans from the Sichuan Province of China construct and design the lanterns and create a night full of light and magic.
Moonlight Forest is open to all ages. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Once you are admitted to the festival you do not have a time limit to complete your visit.
There will be live acrobats, dancers and other performers.
LA Arboretum Moonlight Forest Lantern Art Festival: Know Before you Go
- Moonlight Forest Festival is a holiday event with live performances and light installations that are best viewed at night.
- The LA Arboretum light show exhibition route is a gentle 1 mile long and takes about 1 hour to walk through.
- This is a self-guided walking event, there are no shuttles or vehicles.
- Moonlight Forest is accessible for strollers, wheelchairs, and mobility assistance devices. Wheelchairs are not provided.
- A great selection of food trucks, cafe and a full bar at the festival. Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- No tripods please but selfie sticks are allowed. Photographs and videos are not to be used for commercial purposes. No night commercial photography is allowed during Moonlight Forest.
- Only ADA-designated service animals are allowed.
- Arboretum may get very cold during the winter months, dress accordingly.
- Moonlight Forest is a rain or shine event. Arboretum reserves the right to shut down or cancel the event if weather conditions are assessed to pose a risk to their guests’ safety.
Moonlight Forest Parking Info
Moonlight Forest Parking is FREE while The Depot Lot is the designated dropoff and pickup area for Uber and Lyft.
Parking is limited to onsite Arboretum lots and offsite Additional Event Parking lots. Service shuttles are available from and to the offsite lots throughout the event. Street parking is NOT available at any time.
Follow the parking staff directions and signage. If Arboretum lots are full, you’ll be directed to the additional parking lots.
Save on Tickets to other LA Holiday Events:
- La Zoo Lights Discount Tickets – COMP, $10.50 – $18.50 Discount Tickets
- Winter Fest OC Discount Tickets – COMP Tickets
- Queen Mary Discount $18.85
- Descanso Gardens Enchanted Forest of Light – COMP – $26 Discount Tickets
- Living Desert Zoo Wildlights – $8.50 – $10 Discount Tickets
- Chinese Lantern Festival Pomona – $5 – $20 Discount Tickets
- Knott’s Merry Farm Discount Tickets – $44 – $46
Pin for later:
*Note: No LA Arboretum Moonlight Forest Coupon Code needed to avail of the discount. Photo credited to Moonlight Forest. Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.